Dahlia Die Cutting 3 Ways
If the video does not display, please click here to watch on my YouTube channel or refresh the page.
Hello friends! Today I am sharing 3 ideas for creating with Simon Says Stamp’s exclusive Dahlia die. I love this die, as it is so stunning, it makes a gorgeous impact as the center point on a card.
My first idea for using this die is to foil it with a hot foil machine. Some tips for this card that you might find helpful:
- I used the Gemini Foil Press, but the Spellbinders or Couture Creations foil machines also provide gorgeous results.
- You could leave the foiling as is, or add color to it! I opted for a bit of color with Copics. The subtle Sea Breeze foil accents the coloring perfectly!
The second idea I have to share with you is in lay die cutting. I always enjoy in lay die cutting, and this Dahlia looks especially elegant in glitter cardstock. Important details to know…
- I used white glitter cardstock for the outline, along with dark blue, light blue and green for the negative areas.
- All the glitter cardstock is from Tonic Studios, one of my favorite glitter paper brands.
- The sentiment for this card uses the Memory Box Jotted Celebrate die.
Finally, the last idea I have for you is using simple die cuts with leftover backgrounds and scraps to make a fabulous design – I had this so much fun doing this, I made a whole bunch of these cards (keep scrolling to see them all)!
- These cards are great scrap-stash-busters… I don’t know about you, but I have way too many scraps and backgrounds that never seem to get used
- With the Dahlia die and the backgrounds taking center stage on all these cards, just some super simple greetings is all it took to finish everything up on these!!
Keep scrolling to see all the different cards I made using this design layout.
I hope you will watch the video to see how I put all these card ideas together using the Dahlia flower die! Thanks for stopping by and visiting with me today; I will see you again very soon!