Slimline No-Line Watercolor + Embossing with a Stencil + Hop!
If the video does not display, please click here to watch on my YouTube channel, or refresh the page. This video and post are also part of the Simon Says Stamp All the Feels release blog hop. Details for the hop are at the bottom of this post.
Watercoloring is one of my favorite techniques, and I couldn’t wait to color the new Floral Garden stamp set from Simon Says Stamp’s All the Feels collection! This is a set I actually illustrated for the release, along with many others. On the slimline card that I made with the Floral Garden set, I also added a bit of dry embossing with the new Chevron Pattern stencil.
I stamped the flowers with Antique Linen Distress Ink – my favorite ink for no-line watercoloring. This ink is water-based and fades away into your coloring, creating that perfect no-line effect. Prima Watercolor Confections were used for coloring the florals, and I added some splattering with Prima Metallic Accents and Finetec Gold Watercolors.
Behind the Floral Garden blooms, I have a panel that is dry embossed with the new Large Chevron Pattern stencil. Overtop of the embossing is some dry brush watercolor for the “sky”. I added a sentiment from the new XL Greetings 2 stamp and die set, as well as Moonshine Confetti sequins from Simon.
I hope you are inspired by this project! Be sure to check out this mini slimline card project that I shared recently using a similar idea – you can get 2 cards out of one! This Floral Garden stamp set would work perfect with that technique, too!
- If you have already been hopping along, you should have arrived from the Simon Says Stamp Blog!
- Your next stop is my amazing friend, Caly Person!
- Simon is giving away a $25 gift card at every stop along the hop – leave a comment here for a chance to win!
- Use code LYGT42 to get Simon’s awesome, Love Your Guts die set FREE with your purchase of $25 or more!
- Don’t forget to tune in over at the Simon blog on Saturday, 3/27 for Day 2 of the “All the Feels” blog hop! The hop starts at 8 am ET.
- For even more inspiration using this amazing All the Feels release, be sure to check out the Simon galleries, here.