My Favorites: May 2016 + Sales!
Hello there friends! I have a new My Favorites post to share with you, featuring my favorite stamps, dies, tools and more over the past month!
1. Awesome by Neat and Tangled: This stamp set is truly “awesome”!! I love the big, bold font on this sentiment set and the variety of ways you can use this to be able to tell someone how wonderful they are. A definite new favorite of mine!
2. Happy Little Thoughts by Newton’s Nook Designs: I really think this set from Newton’s Nook is a great addition to their stamp collection! It gives you so many options for creating cute floral wreath cards and the greetings are so fun!
3. Duck Stackers by Art Impressions: I love these super cute ducks!!!! Art Impressions is a new stamp company for me and I love their critter stamps! They are all made from rubber and are cling mount stamps, which makes them perfect for using with clear blocks and stamp positioners.
4. Punny Messages by Whimsy Stamps: I love a good pun and I designed this stamp set for Whimsy Stamps’ May release. Its a favorite because I love how the sentiments and images pair together to create really fun cards!
5. Newton’s Book Club by Newton’s Nook Designs: Talk about a really fun stamp set!! This super cute book-lovers set has so many adorable images in it, and the sentiments are fabulous. I had so much fun using this stamp set and can’t wait to break it out again for cards, tags and more!
6. Look for the Miracles by Simon Says Stamp: The June 2016 card kit from Simon Says Stamp contained this really neat stamp set. I love the sketchy, hand drawn appearance of these images; I used this on many cards this month. The sentiment is PERFECT for encouragement cards too, which is always a great type of sentiment to have on hand.
7. Cuddly Critters by Simon Says Stamp: This set is beyond adorable! I have used this set in so many different cards already since it was released and I know I will be using it even more in the future! It also has a coordinating stamp set that can be purchased as well called Cuddly Critters Accessories. Having a coordinating stamp set like that helps extend the use of your sets, which is always a big plus! Cuddly Critters Accessories can even be used on it’s own too… so many possibilities!
1. Friend Like You by Concord & 9th: This die set from Concord and 9th is a really fun one! I have used this numerous times already and I love how you can use it in so many different ways. There is even a stamp set that coordinates with it called Friend Like You Borders. I also like that you can use the words in the die alone, or with the brackets that are included with the die set.
2. Storybook 4 by Pretty Pink Posh: The Storybook 4 die set is a brand new addition to Pretty Pink Posh’s Storybook collection! I have used this die many times already since it’s release, and on May 31st I have a brand new video coming out showcasing this – and all the other Storybook dies – to create fun and colorful shakers!
3. Stitched Essentials by Pretty Pink Posh: If you love tags, this new Stitched Essentials die set from Pretty Pink Posh is a perfect addition to your stash! I LOVE the three fun shapes that are included, along with all the other supporting elements that come in the set! This gives you SO many options in creating fabulous custom tags, bookmarks and more!
4. Stitched Starburst by Neat & Tangled: The Stitched Starburst dies from Neat & Tangled are a new favorite of mine! I love being able to use it as a sun for scene cards, or you can use it as a focal point for a sentiment!
5. Painted Grad by Simon Says Stamp: Graduations are right around the corner and the new Painted Grad die from Simon Says Stamp is perfect for using on all those graduation projects. I really love the brush script font, which matches with so many different styles!
1. Retractable Craft Pick by Tonic/Tim Holtz: This tool has become invaluable to me! Whenever I have a die cut stuck in my die, I simply grab my retractable craft pick and poke out the paper… Easy peasy!
2. Mini Guillotine by Tonic/Tim Holtz: Paper trimmers are very handy for me, especially having a small one for those little trims and snips. The Mini Guillotine Trimmer from Tonic is perfect for me because of its compact size, lightweight portability and sharp blade. When I have paper that I need to trim down as I am working on a card, I always reach for this trimmer.
3. Broad Flat Waterbrush by Tim Holtz: I love using water brushes for my watercoloring. Most often I use them empty (without water inside the barrel), but having the option of using it either way is nice. The flat brush from Tim Holtz has been a great addition to my brush collection because I can uses it for a variety of things… from washes to perfect stripes and everything in between, this brush is really handy.
4. Clear Embossing Ink by Simon Says Stamp: I am pretty picky about my inks, and for embossing I have always used Versamark. But when I got the new clear embossing ink from Simon Says Stamp, I was immediately captured by it’s performance! It stamps super detailed and holds onto my embossing powder perfectly; it has quickly become my new go to embossing ink!
5. Craft Scissors by Tonic/Tim Holtz: Having a good pair of scissors is a must for me and I have fallen head over heels for the Craft Scissors from Tim Holtz and Tonic. These cut like butter! They have a non-stick coating to prevent adhesive build up and are resistant to rust and corrosion. Definitely a must have!
6. Heat Gun by Wagner: Many people have asked me what heat gun I use; I have owned three different heat guns over the course of my 9+ years of card making and my favorite by far is the one by Wagner. The tool heats up fast and melts embossing powder much faster than other heat tools I have used in the past.
7. Reinforced Paper Trimmer by Fishers: My final favorite for this post is the new Reinforced Paper Trimmer from Fiskars. I had the older model of this tool (with the wire guide in it) for many years. However, I did have the wire guide break and was so excited to see this new version be released with an aluminum rail guide in place of the wire. I have been using it ever since it hit the shelves and I am SUPER pleased with its performance!
ON GOING SALES
Before I go, I also want to share a couple of sales that are happening through the end of the day in case you had some items on your shopping list that you can’t live without! ;)
Simon is giving 20% off all Ranger items in celebration of the new Online Card Classes Creative Chemistry class with Tim Holtz! Use code RANGER20 before the end of the day (May 30)!
If you’ve been eyeing up some fun stamps or new dies, be sure to head on over to Pretty Pink Posh for a 10% sale on all in stock items before the end of the day (May 30)! Use code MAY2016.
Whimsy Stamps is having a special 25% off sale on ALL in stock items! Be sure to pick up your favorite stamps and dies at the Whimsy Stamps shop before the end of the day (May 30!)… no code needed!
If you have been looking to get some of the brand new Newton’s Nook stamps and dies, there is a free shipping offer on all USA orders over $30! And a special discount for international shipping! AND (yes there is more!) select sets are on sale! All of this is available until the end of the day (May 30), so be sure to head on over there and use the code SUMMER16 to take advantage of this Summer Kick-off Sale!
If you are interested in any of the products used in this post, I have them all linked below to Simon Says Stamp. Affiliate links used when possible.
[su_expand more_text=”SHOW MORE” height=”400″ link_color=”#F27790″ more_icon=”icon: chevron-down” less_icon=”icon: chevron-up” class=”expand products”]
SIMON SAYS STAMP