Multi-Colored Fractal Foiling + Simon’s Born to Sparkle Hop!
If the video does not display, please click here to watch on my YouTube channel, or refresh the page.
One of my favorite ways to use foil, is to create multi-colored foil designs. Using more than one color of foil levels up your project and gives a totally unexpected look! I’m using a few new products from Simon Says Stamp’s Born to Sparkle release to make colorful, multi-colored slimline cards.
Using Therm O Web Transfer Gel, I applied paste through the stencil and let it dry completely. The drying time took a couple hours, but this can vary depending on how thick of a foil application you have. You’ll know the paste is dry when it is completely clear and the paper does not feel “cold” on the underside.
After the paste was dry, I selected 5 different colors of Therm O Web deco foil (Wild Cherry, Gold, Green, Copper, and Bronze), and I carefully layered them across the stenciled design in a triangular fashion. This will provide a gorgeous, fractal effect when it has been transferred to the paste via a laminator.
To finish up my foiled cards, I added sentiments and sequins – the greetings I chose were the Just Because die and Reverse Get Well sentiment strips. The sequins are the new Sterling Scarlet mix from Simon’s Born to Sparkle collection. These colors matched beautifully with the foil. Both cards are also paired with a Simon Says Stamp Teal slimline envelope.
Be sure to watch the video at the top of this post to see exactly how I created this multi-colored foiling project! If you want to see even more multi-colored foiling ideas, check out these two posts where I used this colorful technique! Click on the images to see the videos.
THE HOP DETAILS
- The next stop of the hop is Caly Person! If you would like to see the entire hop list, be sure to visit the Simon Says Stamp blog!
- You could win a $25 gift card to Simon Says Stamp if you leave a comment on this post! Simon will draw and announce the winner on their blog next week.
- Use the code CRUSH428 with your order of $25 or more at Simon Says Stamp and you’ll get this gorgeous Island Crush Ink Cube set for FREE!
- Don’t forget to visit the Simon Says Stamp galleries to see even more inspiration using the new Born to Sparkle release.
- And stay tuned to the Simon Says Stamp blog, because tomorrow they will be hosting Day 2 of this Born to Sparkle release hop!