5 Early-2017 Releases & Products To Check Out + GIVEAWAYS!
Hey crafty friends! I wanted to pop by and share 5 new releases that have caught my eye lately. Leading up to and during CHA, many companies released new products that either are available now, or are pre-orders and will be shipping in early 2017.
With so many to choose from, I thought it might be helpful to have a bit of info about the new releases to see if it might help you decide if any of these are products you want to purchase too. You’ll be seeing me use products from all of these releases over the next few weeks, or as they become available (I have pre-orders in for those that are not yet shipping).
SIMON SAYS STAMP
The first release I have on my list is the latest Simon Says Stamp Love You Forever card kit. This card kit was a special edition kit, meaning there were limited quantities. The kit sold out in record time (from what I can tell, in less than 8 hours). However, the good news is that all of the products included in the kit are available for individual purchase.
The two stamp sets included in this kit are Loving Heart and Candy Hearts. I designed these for the kit with the idea that they could be used beyond the Valentine’s Day holiday. Loving Heart is a compilation of sentiments, created to express your love for a husband, boyfriend, friend or family member with more than just a simple “I love you”. Candy Hearts gives you the option to use the set to create a variety of cards, one of which is to stamp your very own conversation heart candies!
Another favorite from the kit are the Simon Says Stamp envelopes. These are self-sealing envelopes (no having to lick the flap!), and the A2 sized envelopes in the kit are metallic! There are also some smaller, 4-bar sized kraft envelopes too, which are comparable in color with the Neenah Desert Storm cardstocks.
LOVE YOU FOREVER CARD KIT PRODUCTS
Next up on my favorites list, we have the Lawn Fawn release! Lawn Fawn is a company I love using products from; their latest round of crafty-goodness lives up to their usual standards of cleverness and quality.
I am a big fan of Lawn Fawn’s scene building dies, because these work so seamlessly with other companies’ products. Some of my favorites from their new release include:
- The Perfectly Plaid 6×6 papers. I have the Perfectly Plaid Fall and Christmas packs; both have great plaid patterns in both subtle and colorful options. Because I love versatile products, these work perfectly for me since they match with almost any style of card.
- Scenes are a card style I create often, and the Simple Grassy Hillsides are a great, inexpensive die set that can be used in many different ways. One of the cool features of this set is the different size arcs of the hills; there are three different hillsides in this set.
- Nighttime scenes are another type of card I enjoy making; for this reason, I cannot wait to use the Starry Skies die! I love the little falling star too, which is not something I have seen before in a die set.
- Each year Lawn Fawn has a special mini stamp set that has a celebratory theme to it. The new Year Seven set is just adorable with the cute pony pinata! I have some ideas for this one that I cannot wait to try.
- Finally, Lawn Fawn released the most awesome elephant set I have ever seen: Elfie Selfie! I cannot get over how stinkin’ cute this is; there is even a little “click” sentiment to insinuate that there is a picture being taken. This is a really well thought out set that I think is going to be very popular.
The Lawn Fawn products are scheduled to start shipping on Feb. 23rd.
LAWN FAWN RELEASE PRODUCTS
TIM HOLTZ & RANGER
Distress Inks are a staple in my craft supplies; I use them on a large majority of my work because they are a medium that can do so much. Over the past couple years we have seen Distress products evolve and grow, allowing us to expand our horizons and creativity. In 2015 we were given the 12 additional colors to the Distress Ink line. 2016 brought us Distress Crayons, which are a medium similar to Distress Inks, but yet different in its own right.
For 2017 however, Ranger and Tim Holtz have developed what is by far the most unique inks on the market: Distress Oxide. These inks are a combination of dye and pigment inks, which means they share properties from both ink types. They are reactive with water, but because of the pigment properties in the ink, they create an oxidized effect.
There are 12 colors so far in the line, and Ranger is hoping to be releasing more Distress Oxide colors this year, so keep an eye out for that! I’m very excited to get these inks and start experimenting with them! To see a more in-depth look at these inks, I think you should check out this demo video filmed by ScrapTime of Tim showing the inks.
The Distress Oxide inks are scheduled to start shipping on Feb. 8th.
As mentioned above, Distress Crayons were something Ranger rolled out in 2016. In their early-2017 release, they have added the remaining 31 colors to round out the entire Distress color palette for a total of 61 colors. The new sets are #8, #9 and #10. All the crayons are available in sets or open stock.
Note that Bundled Sage is not included in any of the sets and is only available as an open stock crayon. All new crayons from sets 8, 9 and 10 are shipping Feb. 8th.
RANGER/TIM HOLTZ DISTRESS PRODUCTS
When it comes to creating dies, one of the most innovative and creative companies out there is Memory Box. Memory Box has dies that range from interactive and fun to intricate and detailed. The wide array of options makes each of their releases much anticipated.
I love many of the dies from their latest release, but my most favorites – and the ones I picked up – are these:
- Urban Uppercase: I love the small, delicate feel of this simple sans-serif font. Because it is so clean and simple, it matches with pretty much anything!
- Curved Package Tab: These kinds of dies are perfect for creating any type of closure! I like that it is small enough to fit on an A2 card; perfect for interactive projects!
- Circle Notch Borders: Memory Box released some similar dies to this new die set (see Circle Bump and Square Bump borders) and I really love them! You could use this to create notches on envelopes and cards, in which you tuck little notes or a gift card inside!
- The three stitched border dies I picked up are a new favorite of mine (Tailored Stitches, Eyelet Stitches and Delicate Stitches). I use stitching dies all the time on my cards because they add the perfect “finishing off” touch to a design. These stitch dies however, go beyond the basic straight or cross stitch; the delicate, detailed patterns are simple divine! I plan on using these not only as borders, but also to create entire backgrounds with.
MEMORY BOX PRODUCTS
Last but not least, I wanted to share a few of the new Hero Arts release products I picked up that I am excited to use in upcoming videos!
Nested dies are something I enjoy having in my “supply arsenal” because they contain many sizes of the same shape. This allows me to create frames, different sizes of the same shape, do fun in lay die cutting techniques… and so much more! The new Hero Arts Postage Stamp nesting dies are one of those unique shapes that I had to add to my collection. These are going to be fun to use and make cute shaped cards or panels with!
And then talk about super cute… the Destination Paris woodblock stamp is SO adorable! I don’t use woodblock stamps as often as I used to, but this one I could not pass up … the graphic scene reminds me of old travel art in posters and magazines. I have a fun idea already planned for how I want to pair this with the Postage Stamp dies shown above.
HERO ARTS PRODUCTS
I hope this post has been helpful to you in deciding if any of these products are something you would be interested in checking out! I will be back again very soon with a new video tutorial to share! In the meantime, you might want to take a peak at these recent card videos I shared over the past couple days:
How would you like a chance to win one of TWO prizes I am giving away today?? These are two separate giveaways; you are welcome to enter into both!
The first prize is a set of the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Crazy Birds Framelits dies. These dies coordinate with the Crazy Birds stamp set (you can find it HERE); please note that the giveaway is for the dies only, not the stamp set.
My second giveaway is a copy of the Simon Says Stamp and Reverse Confetti Forest Friends stamp set. This set was a limited edition STAMPtember exclusive.
To enter into the giveaway, use the Rafflecopter tickets below. The giveaways are open to both United States and International readers! All prizes are personally sponsored.