Lots of Inky Techniques! Rainbow Xylophone Vignette + Blog Hop!
If you are participating in Simon’s Make Magic release blog hop, you can find all the hop details at the bottom of this post.
I’m really excited about the vignette project I made with Simon Says Stamp’s new Make Magic release– and in particular, the Build a Xylophone die set! My rainbow scene features not only the xylophone die, but I also included a lot of other cool details with many more Make Magic release products. While this project is a bit more involved than a card, I hope it inspires you. Even if you don’t create this exact vignette, maybe even just one aspect may inspire you to make something with this new release from Simon!
This project is best explained in the video, so be sure to watch that for full details. But I will touch on some of the highlights here…
The background of my vignette was created by ink smooshing Distress Inks onto Bristol paper. I then trimmed the paper to fit inside my vignette. Simon’s Build a Xylophone die was also colored with Distress Inks after cutting it out.
Inside the vignette I adhered some Tim Holtz Typography Findings, which are colored with Alcohol Inks. Around the xylophone are music notes from the Xylo Phone stamp and die set (also part of the Make Magic release)!
The outside of the vignette is covered with pattern paper from Waffle Flower; on top of that I added splatters of white acrylic paint. On the side of the vignette are a couple of sentiments from the Magical Word and Xylo Phone sets. I sprinkled some of the new Magic Stars around my greetings, which are die cut from gold glitter cardstock.
This vignette turned out exactly how I envisioned it, which makes me SO happy. A fun fact to share with you all – I actually designed the Build a Xylophone and Xylo Phone sets for Simon! They were created specifically because my friend, Heidi Crowl (the owner/founder of Simon Says Stamp), has a daughter named Abby who adores the xylophone. Abby wanted a xylophone set to be able to create with and that lead me to illustrate these fun new products! I hope you all enjoy creating with them as much as I have!
BLOG HOP DETAILS
- Your next stop of the Make Magic release hop is Caly Person! If you would like to reference the full hop list, be sure to visit the Simon Says Stamp Blog!
- Would you like a FREE gift when you shop at Simon Says Stamp this weekend?? Use code ARTMAGIC at checkout! You’ll receive the exclusive Art Supplies die set for FREE with a purchase of $40 or more.
- Simon Says Stamp is GENEROUSLY giving away a $25 gift card at every stop in the hop! Just leave a comment here and at each blog to increase your chances of winning. Simon will pick the winners and announce them Wednesday, the 28th of July on their blog.
- Don’t forget that this is just Day 1 of the Make Magic release blog hop! There will be another hop (Day 2), on Saturday 7/24, at 8 am ET. Visit Simon’s Blog on Saturday to start the hop!
- Are you looking for even MORE Make Magic release inspiration? Simon has an entire gallery of ideas for you to peruse. I love checking them out and seeing what other crafters have been creating!
Thank you Simon Says Stamp for inviting me to participate in today’s blog hop!