Double Embossing: Another Way to Use Embossing Folders!
If the video does not display, please click here to watch on my YouTube channel, or refresh the page. This post is also part of Simon Says Stamp’s Rainbows release
Embossing folders are such a unique way to add dimension to your cards and backgrounds. I have been experimenting with embossing folder techniques and created a double-embossed project that gives a really cool effect! I’m using Simon Says Stamp’s new Vine Canopy folder, as well as the Hello Sunshine stamp set to make this colorful card. Both of these products are from their new Rainbows release.
This double embossed technique is really simple and easy to recreate. Simply add embossing ink onto one side of the folder prior to running it through your die cut machine. The act of embossing with the ink in the folder will transfer that ink to your paper. Because we used embossing ink in the folder, those inked areas will hold any embossing powder that gets applied on top. The embossing powder I used was Fairy Dust clear glitter powder from Brutust Monroe.
The beautiful rainbow colors I used on this card were Abandoned Coral, Wild Honey, Twisted Citron, and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxides. I also added Rainbow Bright and Galaxy sequins from Simon’s Rainbows release on top of the background for extra shine.
BLOG HOP DETAILS
I am one of many stops in this Rainbows release blog hop, hosted by Simon Says Stamp!
- The next stop of the hop is Caly Person! If you would like to see the entire hop list, be sure to visit the Simon Says Stamp blog!
- You could win a $25 gift card to Simon Says Stamp if you leave a comment on this post! Simon will draw and announce the winner on their blog next week.
- Use the code ENVIES with your order of $25 or more at Simon Says Stamp and you’ll get this gorgeous set of Holographic Envelopes for FREE!
- Don’t forget to visit the Simon Says Stamp galleries to see even more inspiration using the new Born to Sparkle release.
- And stay tuned to the Simon Says Stamp blog, because tomorrow they will be hosting Day 2 of this Rainbows release hop!