Storybook Watercolor Scene
Happy Wednesday friends! I am popping in with a video tutorial for you, featuring the Simon Says Stamp and Newton’s Nook STAMPtember exclusive set, Bushels of Love, as well as the recent Thankful Heart card kit from Simon.
Because this set was a STAMPtember exclusive set from Simon, it is no longer available for purchase (I hope some of you were able to pick this adorable set up before it was gone!). However, if you don’t have this exact set, Newton’s Nook has MANY great stamp sets that would be good substitutes in this card design.
So for my card I created a sweet, storybook style scene (say that three times fast LOL!), using Zig Clean Color markers for the coloring. I stamped the images onto Strathmore Watercolor paper. The color combinations are listed below:
- fox: Light Brown 061, Flesh Colour 071, Tea Rose 220
- tree stump: Mid Brown 065, Beige 072
- pumpkin: Bright Yellow 052, Brown 060
- mushrooms: Deep Red 260, Light Brown 061, Mustard 067, Light Green 041, Mid Green 046
- grass: Olive Green 043, Mid Green 046, Beige 072
- bird: Light Blue 036, Tea Rose 220
- sky: Bright Yellow 052, Tea Rose 220
After watercoloring, I built the rest of my card using components from the Thankful Heart card kit. I mounted the scene panel onto some Surf Blue cardstock, which I had stamped a background pattern onto using the You Matter 6×6 cling stamp.
WATCH THE VIDEO
SHARE THIS POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Feel free to share this post on social media using this image!
If you are interested in any of the products used in this post, I have them all linked below to Simon Says Stamp. Affiliate links used when possible.