Flowers for Mom

Hello and Happy Friday! With Mother’s day fast approaching, I thought I might create a spring themed “mom” card and share it with all of you!

When thinking about how I wanted to design this card, I really liked the idea of a die cut frame, with the word “mom” on it. Inside my Silhouette Studio (Designer Edition), I did just that… I drew a rectangle, placed an internal offset in the first rectangle to create the frame; I then typed out the word “mom” in a lowercase type (font used: Arial) and arranged it along the lower left of the frame, with the bottom of the letters just inside the frame. I welded the frame and letters together and… voilà! Very easy to do!

For Mom_1a

Once my frame was ready, I die cut it from some watercolor paper with my Silhouette Cameo, as I wanted it to be really sturdy. I covered the frame with some Wink of Stella clear glitter and set it aside while I worked on my watercoloring.

On some more watercolor paper, I stamped the “Budding Poppies” by Technique Tuesday with Versamark ink and heat embossed them with white powder. With my Derwent watercolor pencils, I then began watercoloring the flowers in “non-traditional” poppy colors… In my mind, they were just “pink and yellow flowers” for this card! Haha! :)

For Mom_2

After all my watercoloring was finished, I then covered parts of the flowers with some Wink of Stella glitter and drew on some white dot details with a paint pen, before adhering the panel to my “mom” frame with foam tape.

And since I was keeping this card is very “clean and simple”, I finished it off by tying on a golden yellow ribbon around the bottom portion of the card base and leaving it at that!

I hope you enjoyed and that is has inspired you in some way to create a spring or Mother’s Day card of your own! Happy Creating! :)

Challenges

This card is submitted into the CASology week # 140 “Spring” challenge, the Time Out challenge #28 “CASE with Your Own Twist”,  the Addicted to Stamps challenge #138 “Holiday” and the Simon Says Stamp “Pastels” Monday challenge.

[one_third]CASologyButton[/one_third][one_third]1[/one_third][one_third_last]Addicted to Stamps[/one_third_last]
[one_third]Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog[/one_third][one_third][/one_third][one_third_last][/one_third_last]

By | 2015-04-03T11:56:17+00:00 April 3rd, 2015|Cardmaking, Celebrations, Holiday, Mother's Day|10 Comments

10 Comments

1. Jen April 8, 2015 at 9:25 pm - Reply

This is really beautiful! I love the soft colors and the framing!

2. Gerrina April 8, 2015 at 6:29 pm - Reply

Beautiful card! Love the yellow and how great is that frame! Think this beauty was appriciated… Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

3. meihsialiu April 5, 2015 at 11:22 pm - Reply

Love your great coloring on this card! Great design! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

4. Jen W. April 5, 2015 at 10:26 pm - Reply

Another stunner, Nina-Marie! I love the frame you created and your watercolouring is so lovely! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

5. Valentyna April 4, 2015 at 6:48 pm - Reply

How beautiful it is, Nina-Marie! You amazed me with your coloring! Perfectly done! And the whole composition is gorgeous! Love this card!

6. Karen King April 4, 2015 at 9:39 am - Reply

Just beautiful! I love everything about it!
    I just got the cricut explore air so I must try out your frame idea and learn to weld letters!

7. melissadawnlane April 4, 2015 at 6:29 am - Reply

This is soooooo BEAUTIFUL! I love it and pinned it to CASE later.

8. Judy1223 April 3, 2015 at 11:53 pm - Reply

Wow, I adore those beautiful poppies (even in non-traditional colors!), and I especially love the white embossing and added white dots to your beautifully colored design. Perfect touches! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

9. mypapercraftworld April 3, 2015 at 3:16 pm - Reply

So lovely, Nina-Marie … such awesome watercolouring and a wonderful personalised frame around those gorgeous blooms! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

10. Nora April 3, 2015 at 11:35 am - Reply

This is DARLING and so beautiful. I LOVE the colors you used and how you created that fun frame. Fabulous design!!