Falling Hearts

Falling Hearts_5

Hello!

I am back to share a quick tutorial (and video!) on a new card I created for the “Cure for the Monday Blues” challenge #42. I am participating in the challenge and the inspiration photo reminded me of falling hearts… going with that in mind, I created this fun little thank you note!

Some details on this card…

The stamps I used for my card are from the American Crafts “Dear Lizzy” collection, with a couple of heart stamps from Penny Black and Studio G. This card is clean and simple, and features a lot of watercoloring using Tim Holtz distress inks (Fired Brick, Worn Lipstick, and Peacock Feathers).

Falling Hearts_1a

For the sentiment I used Versamark Ink and some Perfect Pearls in “Perfect Gold”… I love how beautiful and shimmery it looks once it dries!

I covered the jar with some Glossy Accents to add a bit of dimension and realism to the card… I really like how it makes it seem more like a real jar once the Glossy Accents dries.

Falling Hearts_4

I hope you’ve enjoyed this clean and simple card! If you’ve enjoyed the video, please be sure to give it a “thumbs up” and subscribe to my YouTube channel!

Thanks for stopping by!  :)

Challenges

This card is submitted into the “Cure for the Monday Blues” challenge #42, the Casual Friday’s “Must Love Watercolor” challenge and the Simon Says Stamp “H is For” Monday Challenge… and in this card, “h” is for “hearts”!  :)

[one_third][/one_third][one_third]PlayersBadge2012-1[/one_third][one_third_last]Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog[/one_third_last]

By | 2015-02-05T19:06:42+00:00 February 5th, 2015|Cardmaking, Everyday, Thank You, Thinking of You, Videos|11 Comments

11 Comments

1. Jamie Greene February 21, 2015 at 4:31 pm - Reply

This is such a sweet card :) Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

2. Michelle Lupton February 20, 2015 at 7:30 pm - Reply

Love this! Thanks for playing along with the watercolour challenge at CASual Fridays :)

3. credmond13 February 18, 2015 at 8:31 pm - Reply

This is so beautiful and whimsical! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

4. Rebecca Hoy February 9, 2015 at 5:43 pm - Reply

Lovely card, so cute and CAS. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays, Rebecca x

5. meihsialiu February 8, 2015 at 10:26 pm - Reply

Your card is so lovely. The image is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

6. taheerah February 8, 2015 at 8:18 pm - Reply

Love your perfect watercolouring of all those sweet hearts! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

7. Brenda in IN February 8, 2015 at 10:59 am - Reply

This is as cute as can be. I love the falling hearts.

8. Stamping Smiles Designs February 6, 2015 at 3:53 pm - Reply

Super cute Thank You card! How clever it is that you have the hearts falls from the jar on the top of the corner! Great design work, Nina Marie! Have a wonderful weekend!

9. Caroline - KISS February 6, 2015 at 12:30 pm - Reply

Such a sweet Valentine’s card.

• Caroline - KISS February 6, 2015 at 12:32 pm - Reply

Argghh sorry.. it’s a thank you card, of course..
      I have hearts on the brain :-)

10. Tricia Ann February 5, 2015 at 8:47 pm - Reply

How cute! That’s a good idea.

YOUR COMMENTS MAKE ME SMILE :)