For today’s card, I have a clean and simple birthday card using the Penny Black “Nine Lives” stamp set. I love cats, so this set really caught my eye. And don’t you just adore this cat’s sweet, happy expression…???
The cat, sentiment and paw prints are all stamped in some Timber Brown StazOn ink and the cat is watercolored with Tim Holtz distress inks. For those of you who have this set, you may be wondering where I got the party hat… This is from the Penny Black “Sweet & Cute” set, and it fit my little cat’s head perfectly!
To make this little cat seem like he is hugging himself I drew some “feeling” lines on either side of him with a brown pen. With a white gel pen, I filled in the tassels at the top of his hat, while also adding some dots to his cheeks and the sky, and some faux stitching around the outside edges of the panel the cat is sitting on.
With some Ranger Texture Paste, I added some polka dots to the card base using the Simon Says Stamp “Tiny Dots” stencil. After layering the panel onto the card base with foam adhesive, I also added some ribbon and bakers twine around the bottom portion of the card to finish it all off.
Thanks for stopping by!
The inspiration for today’s layout came from the My Favorite Thing’s Sketch challenge (#211), and is submitted into the challenge.
- Recollections white cardstock
- Ranger Inkssentials Watercolor paper
- Penny Black “Nine Lives” stamp set
- Penny Black “Sweet & Cute” stamp set
- Tim Holtz distress inks: Festive Berries, Peeled Paint, Peacock Feathers, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain
- Recollections “Bright and Basic” paper pack
- StazOn Timber Brown ink
- brown pen
- Uniball Signo White gel pen
- Simon Says Stamp “Tiny Dots” stencil
- Ranger Texture Paste
- baker’s twine