Thinking of You
Chalk is a fantastic medium; the colors really blend together beautifully and I love the look you can achieve with them. I personally recommend the General’s Pastel Chalk pencils. The colors are super rich and there are a few dozen colors in the collection. I typcially will pair them with my watercolor pencils, as both blend nicely with water as well.
So here’s your theme for Challenge #81 at LiaStampz: Sketches
- You do not have to use a LiaStampz image to join in the fun! As long as your project fits the current challenge theme or inspiration, you are eligible to win.
- If you use a LiaStampz image you can enter the challenge up to two times and have a chance to win a surprise digi stamp.
- Your creation must be a new project.
I chose to work with the second sketch for my project. For this card I used the “Christmas Snowmen” digi stamp, which is available for purchase at the LiaStampz Shop. This is one of those stamps that can easily be used all winter long….a very versatile image to have in your collection!
I printed the digi onto kraft cardstock twice before beginning my coloring, as I planned to cut the colored image out and adhere it to the second, non-colored image (which is also serving as my background panel). The dimensions for my background panel are 3 3/4″ by 5″.
Once my image was completely colored, I began making the background of my scene. Taking a polka dot stencil, some white pigment ink and a small square of felt, I randomly filled in some of the dots to create big, puffy snowflakes. With a white gel pen, I added a bunch more little dots, in various sizes, around the rest of the panel… and of course, as typical of me, I also added some faux stitching too! :)
When adhering my fussy-cut snowmen to my panel, I wanted to create some dimension; so with some foam tape along the top half and some regular adhesive along the bottom half, I attached them to the background panel.
I stamped a Hero Arts “Everyday Greetings” sentiment onto a vellum banner, and attached both the banner and some patterned paper to my background panel.
I also have a little video tutorial set to music on how I did my coloring… Enjoy! :)
Be sure to stop by LiaStampz blog and join in the fun for this week’s challenge!
Also, for more fabulous inspiration, be sure to check out the projects from my fellow Design Team gals for this week’s challenge:
- Recollections “Kraft” cardstock
- LiaStampz “Christmas Snowmen” digital stamp
- assorted General’s Pastel Chalk pencils
- assorted Royal Watercolor Pencils
- Color Box “Frost White” pigment ink
- dark brown pigment ink
- Heidi Swapp “Polka Dot” stencil
- Simon Says Stamp “Tiny Dots” stencil
- Uniball Signo white pen
- Glossy Accents
- Wink of Stella clear glitter
- American Crafts “With Love” 6×6 paper pad