Stopping by today with a little celebration card, featuring a teddy bear from the Penny Black “Wishes and Hugs” stamp set. I did some selective stamping, taking away the butterflies that are originally part of this image, an replacing them for the tiny hearts from the Soaring For You set by Simon Says Stamp.
After watercoloring the image with a variety of distress inks and watercolor pencils, I also added some shimmer and shine to the present, balloons and hearts.
The patterned paper behind the bear panel is from the “Hip Tots” collection by Craft Smith, and before adhering the paper to my card base, I used some Ranger Texture Paste and the tiny polka dots stencil from Heidi Swapp’s “Brackets” stencil set and applied the paste in random places around my paper. This created a nice bit of subtle texture and interest to the background.
Finishing off the card, I added some white faux stitching and a bright green ribbon, which matched the green in the present perfectly!
This card would be perfect for a variety of celebrations… for this card in particular, it would be great for a baby card.
I hope you enjoyed the card for today… thanks for stopping by! See you soon!
- Ranger Inkssentials watercolor paper
- Craft Smith “Hit Tots” 12×12 paper pack
- Penny Black “Wishes & Hugs” stamp set
- Simon Says Stamp “Soaring for You” stamp set
- Heidi Swapp “Brackets” stencil set
- Tim Holtz Distress inks: Peeled Paint, Dusty Concord, Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey, Broken China, Fired Brick, Iced Spruce
- Wink of Stella clear glitter
- glitter glue
- Ranger Texture Paste
- Uniball Signo white gel pen