I hope the year brings blessings and joy to all of you… While today’s card is for New Year’s, the design can very easily be recreated and used for birthdays, graduations, “welcome baby”, or other celebrations!
Going for a unique shape, this card is sized to fit into a #6 envelope; while the large size may seem daunting at first, the finished effect leaves quite the bang and looks fantastic! Sometimes its good to get away from the “norm” and branch out a little with your cards. :)
Within my Silhouette Studio, I created the base and elements for my card, and I have included a video of the digital building process. Hope you enjoy!
- Ranger Inkssentials watercolor paper
- Colorbök “Frolic” 12×12 paper pad
- Recollections “Today, Tomorrow, Forever” 12×12 paper pad
- Recollections “Painted Fancy” 12×12 paper pad
- Craft Smith “Charming Charlotte” 12×12 paper pad
- Recollections white cardstock
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Peeled Paint, Peacock Feathers, Fired Brick, Dusty Concord
- Heidi Swapp Gold, Mint and Amethyst color shine
- Simon Says Stamp “Celebrate” stamp set
- Silhouette Cameo, cutting mat and ratchet blade
- Fiskers Round the Bend squeeze punch
- Glossy Accents
- Wink of Stella clear glitter
- Uniball Signo white gel pen
- “Birthday Bear” cut file by Lisa Norris
This card has also been linked to the Kraft Journal’s “Make it Monday Challenge” for this week.