3 Ways: Simon’s Lucky to Know You Release + Hop + Giveaways!
If you’re looking for Spring card inspiration, you’re in luck! I’m sharing 3 different cards I created with Simon Says Stamp’s Lucky to Know You release! Today’s post is also part of a blog hop, which you can find details to at the bottom of this post.
First, I wanted to share the card I made with the new Bunny Butt Peek a Boo stamp and die set. I designed this set for Simon, with the idea that you can create a fun “peek-a-boo” door that has the bunny’s face on one side and its butt on the other! Inside the door could be a sentiment, a surprise scene, a handwritten message, or even a small chocolate treat!
I placed a small greeting from the stamp set inside my bunny door. To decorate the card I used:
- a Simple Grassy Hillsides die from Lawn Fawn.
- Tumbled Glass, Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide inks for the blended colors in the sky and on the grass.
- jellybeans, flowers and eggs that were stamped and watercolored from the Bunny Butt Peek-A-Boo set. The bunny is also colored with watercolors.
- and finally, some pretty sequins from the new Flowering Clover sequin mix from Simon.
The Bunny Butt Peek-A-Boo is super easy to put together, and I have a quick, Card Making Tip video for you to see all the steps I took to build mine.
The next card I created with the new release is this Spring tulip scene using the new Layered Tulips stencil set!
I illustrated this stencil (along with the Layered Tulips 6×8 stamp set!), and designed it in such a way so that you can easily align each layer to build these dimensional tulips with very little effort.
Each layer is aligned and blended with Distress Oxide inks. I chose Festive Berries and Spun Sugar for the tulips; then Twisted Citron and Peeled Paint for the grass and stems. In the background, I applied a light halo of Tumbled Glass to emulate the sky.
Finally, I wanted to color one of the new, Suzy’s Watercolor Cards from her sweet, Spring and Easter Wishes set.
Using Copic markers, I colored these darling lambs in a pastel-inspired palette. Sparkle was added to all the coloring with some Lawn Fawn Liquid Stardust.
I could have simply mounted the colored panel onto a card and left it at that, but I love the versatility of these coloring cards. Instead, I fussy cut the image out and mounted it onto an ink blended panel. That piece was then layered onto a Cotton Candy card base.
A few of the new Flowering Clover sequins really completed this darling, Easter scene!
All of these cards were so much fun to make! I hope they have inspired you to create with the new, Lucky to Know You collection from Simon Says Stamp.
Let me know in the comments below which new product from the release is YOUR favorite!
BLOG HOP DETAILS
If you are participating in the Lucky tox Know You blog hop, there are some important details you’ll want to know!
- The next stop … is Nichol Spohr! You can also find the entire hop list on Simon’s blog.
- There are 2 FREE gifts … when you make ANY purchase between now and 3/8 at Simon Says Stamp! Use one of the two codes above to get the gift you love!
- You can WIN a $25 gift card … by simply leaving a comment below! Make sure you comment on every stop in the hop to increase your chances of winning.
- And … today’s hop is only Day 1 of Simon’s Lucky to Know You release blog hop! Visit Simon’s blog tomorrow, 3/7 for more inspiration using this new collection.
Enjoy the rest of the blog hop!