Today’s card features this adorable snowman from the Penny Black “Jolly Friends” Christmas stamp set… and fits right in with the white Thanksgiving those of us in the Northeast have had today.
I stamped the snowman onto watercolor paper (measuring 2.75 by 4.0 inches) using StazOn Jet Black ink. Note: StazOn ink really does “stay on”, so be sure to clean your stamp immediately after stamping to prevent your stamp from being permanently stained.
Using various shades of Tim Holtz distress inks (Broken China, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire for the hat and scarf; Iced Spruce for the shadows of the snowman and the snow on the ground; Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain for the holly leaves ) and the Tim Holtz detailer water brush, I colored in the snowman. With a black multi-liner pen, I drew snowflakes in the background and left them uncolored.
After the watercolored snowman was dry, I sketched the sentiment “Let it Snow” with my Silhouette using the font, “Simon Script” and a black multi-liner pen (used with the Silhouette pen holder). The “Simon Script” font is available for free online at DaFont.com.
Next, using some white cardstock measured at 3.25 by 4.5 inches and some scalloped edged scissors, I cut a border around the entire edge of the cardstock panel. I then adhered this panel behind the snowman panel with some dimensional foam tape. Afterwards I adhered the entire piece onto an A2 card base (made from white cardstock and scored to fold) that was covered with matching patterned papers.
The finishing touches include a sheer ribbon tied around the center of the card, faux stitching around the edges of the patterned papers, Glossy Accents on the snowflakes and coordinating glitter glues on the snowman’s hat, holly leaves and snow.
I hope everyone has enjoyed their holiday and today’s “Let it Snow” post. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Silhouette Cameo cutting mat and pen holder
- Penny Black Clear Stamps Jolly Friends clear stamp set
- Recollections® Cardstock Paper Value Pack (8.5″ X 11″)
- Ranger Watercolor Paper Inkssentials Surfaces
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, and Iced Spruce
- Tim Holtz Detailer Waterbrush
- Uni-Ball Signo Gel Pen -White
- Copic Black Multiliner pen 0.3mm
- Scor-Buddy by Scor-Pal
- Glossy Accents
- glitter glue: light green, red and clear
- sheer ribbon
- various coordinating patterned papers